Looking for something to give your husband/wife, partner, friends and loved ones? How about spiritual gifts? These are the gifts of joy, communication, peace, hope, trust, contentment, and compassion.
Peace is day three of a seven day examination of each spiritual gift and how you can give that gift in your daily life to those you love and to those around you.
“All men desire peace but few indeed desire those things which make for peace.” – Thomas à Kempis, 1945
Peace is often a hard gift to come by even if the spiritual supply is great. Peace is the feeling that all is right and as it should be in the world. Peace comes in having the faith in believing that there is a greater purpose to our lives and opportunities for growth through the circumstances that we create and face.
Despite challenges, confrontations, and difficult situations we can live without fear and can trust our loved ones will choose positive choices just as we trust in ourselves to choose positively.
Give The Gift of Peace
- Follow through with statements of action.
- Mean what you say and say what you mean.
- Keep relationships simple and avoid over complicating your life.
- Immediately respond and deal with feelings of anxiety.
- Work actively to peacefully and amicably solve disagreements.
- Avoid taking things personally and becoming offended.
- Allot time during the day to “do nothing” and relax the mind and body.
- Give others space to breath and think.
- Create restful spaces and environments in your work and home.
I want to know your suggestions and ideas for spreading the gift of peace! Share them here!