Looking for something to give your husband/wife, partner, friends and loved ones? How about spiritual gifts? These are the gifts of joy, communication, peace, hope, trust, contentment, and compassion.
Contentment is day five of a seven day examination of each spiritual gift and how you can give that gift in your daily life to those you love and to those around you.
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurious
Giving the gift of contentment is giving the feeling that your needs and the needs of your loved ones are met from moment to moment. The peace in knowing that we have everything necessary in the present moment that will take us to the next and the feeling that we are never without.
This doesn’t mean meeting every single material desire in the physical plane, but rather meeting the soul’s desire for spiritual and emotional fulfillment free from anxiety that we might not ever be satisfied.
Give The Gift of Contentment
- Set an example by focusing on spiritual gifts of love such as compassion, trust, and kindness.
- Help others trust that their needs will always be met.
- Look within ourselves and our relationships for the solutions to our problems.
- Work to meet real physical needs and refuse to succumb to needless worry, anxiety, and fear.
- Learn to distinguish the difference between actual needs and unnecessary wants.
I want to know your suggestions and ideas for spreading the gift of contentment! Share them here!